The General Practice Residency Program is implementing a matching program (also called the “match”) to fill positions beginning in 2018 for the first year of training in the following types of postdoctoral dental education programs:
- Advanced education in general dentistry,
- US general practice residency,
- Canadian general practice residency,
- oral and maxillofacial surgery,
- pediatric dentistry,
- and dental anesthesiology.
Apply to the Match Program
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program Instructions for Applicant Registration
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Special Care Dentistry Association
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- American Association of Orthodontists American Student Dental Association
Instructions for applicant registration
The Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (the "Match") is being implemented to fill positions beginning in 2018 for the first year of training in the following types of postdoctoral dental education programs:
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- US General Practice Residency
- Canadian General Practice Residency
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Anesthesiology
The Match is administered by National Matching Services Inc. (NMS) on behalf of the organizations that sponsor the Match.
To obtain a position at a program that is participating in the Match, applicants must register for and participate in the Match.
Information about the Match can be found at: natmatch.com/dentres. The information available on the web site includes: an overview of the purpose and operation of the Match; the detailed schedule of dates; rules of participation for applicants and programs; a description of the matching algorithm; and, instructions for registering for the Match. Prior to registering for the Match, applicants should review the information on the Match web site.
NMS has partnered with the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) to implement a single online access point where applicants can register for the Match and/or the ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS).
- PASS is a central application service used by many postdoctoral dental education programs. PASS is a separate and distinct service from the Match. PASS distributes application information to programs to initiate the application process.
- The Match is used by applicants and programs, after the application and evaluation process is completed, to determine the final placement of applicants into positions.
Most programs that participate in the Match also participate in PASS, therefore the shared registration portal has been set up for the convenience of applicants who will use both services. However, some programs may choose to participate only in one service or the other. Applicants are able to register separately for either the Match or PASS, or for both services at the same time, using the shared online registration portal.
Applicants who wish to participate in the Match must register using the shared PASS/Match registration portal on the ADEA PASS web site. Applicants will not be required to complete PASS applications in order to register for the Match.
The shared registration portal can be accessed from the Match web site (natmatch.com/dentres - select the tab For Applicants, then select the option to Register for the Match), or directly at portal.passweb.org.
National Matching Services Inc.
20 Holly Street, Suite 301
Toronto. Ontario Canada M4S 391