Please see the following response from Drs. Jeri Bullock and Gary Lowder, Co-Directors of Admission, about the University of Utah School of Dentistry response to applicants regarding COVID-19:
- If an applicant attends a school that has made system-wide grading changes due to COVID-19, the University of Utah School of Dentistry will be flexible regarding the graded requirements for pre-requisite coursework.
- When given the choice of a letter grade versus a pass/fail or credit/no credit option, the University of Utah School of Dentistry prefers a letter grade.
- According to AADSAS pass/fail or credit/no credit does not affect the overall student GPA.
- The University of Utah School of Dentistry will still require a DAT score.
- If the applicant is unable to take the DAT due to COVID-19 scheduling difficulties, we recommend submitting an application without a DAT score, and then submitting the DAT score at a later date.
- The application will be screened; however, interview invitations will not be extended until a DAT score is received.
- Dental shadowing requirements will remain at 80 hours but given the COVID situation we will consider individual circumstances.
- The applicant can submit a short paragraph detailing how COVID-19 affected their application.
Most of all, we ask for your patience during these times. Future changes to our criteria will be communicated to you as well as posted on our website and social media accounts. Please also share with students that we, under the leadership of Dean Hume and with the support of the University of Utah Health leaders, strongly believe that the ways were are innovating our teaching methodologies, clinical care, and research will result in our emergence as an even stronger institution.
Please stay safe and be well.
Dr. Jeri Bullock Director of Admissions University of Utah School of Dentistry
The U of U School of Dentistry participates in the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). Early application is strongly encouraged.
Applications can be downloaded at the AADSAS website.
Application forms must be filed between June 1 (or opening of AADSAS) and October 1 of the preceding academic year for fall entry. All required credentials necessary to complete the application must be received by October 15, with first round acceptances being offered beginning December 1.
Application forms submitted after October 15 will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Office will inform the applicant when his/her application has been received and processed.
Upon submission of the AADSAS application, qualified students will be sent a link to the supplemental application.
The following materials should be sent to the Admissions Office:
- Supplemental application form
- Official DAT Scores, if not submitted as part of the AADSAS application
- A $90 non-refundable application service fee in the form of a check or money order payable to the University of Utah School of Dentistry
Address all correspondence to the University of Utah School of Dentistry Admissions Office:
Admissions Office University of Utah School of Dentistry 530 South Wakara Way Salt Lake City, UT 84108
If you have questions regarding the admissions process, please contact the School of Dentistry at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon submission, all credentials become property of the University of Utah and are not returnable.