General Practice Residency (GPR) Program
The GPR program provides residents with a year of advanced general dentistry education in various clinical settings throughout Utah: University of Utah Hospital, Greenwood Health Center, and Montezuma Creek Community Health Center. Residents gain exposure to treating a diverse patient population and build unique skills in addition to participating in didactic lectures and seminars.
- 10 positions are available (PGY1)
- ADAT is not required for application
- You must be a gradate from a CODA-approved dental school
- We accept residents from the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Exposure to all specialties and advanced general dentistry procedures are taught in our program
- We have a large faculty pool to draw from
- We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who value learning and are willing to put forth an effort to take them beyond what they learned in their predoctoral programs
- The faculty are comprised of School of Dentistry faculty, School of Medicine faculty, and the local community
- The General Practice Residency has residents working with full-time dental assistants during their tenure
The annual salary for 2021 – 2022 is $62,588 plus benefits.
- life insurance,
- disability Insurance,
- health Insurance,
- fifteen (15) working days of paid leave.
Additional Program Benefits:
- Safe Sedation Training
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- 3-day implant training at WhiteCap Training Institute
- Utah Dental Association Meeting Registration
- Certificate in Nitrous Oxide
- Reduced tuition to the School of Dentistry CE courses